Yearly, we raise awareness about the importance of keeping the elderly population in American healthy and active. For this year’s National Senior Health and Fitness Day, on May 26, 2021, Consulate Health Care joined organizations across the country to shine a light on the positive value of physical activity.
Each year, approximately 100,000 senior adults will participate in activities across the United States for this national observance. Therefore, we would like to encourage our seniors to use this day to put their sneakers on and stay active. There are many ways to do that, including swimming, practicing yoga and meditation, or walking around your neighborhood.
Regular physical activity has numerous benefits to seniors. There are also many forms of exercises for different levels of mobility and abilities. Some of the benefits that come with including physical activities in your routine can include:
– Maintain muscle, joints and bone health
– Helps reduce and control blood pressure
– Ease symptoms of anxiety and depression
– Offer the opportunity to be part of a group
– Reduces and prevents joint swelling and pain
– Improved mood and feelings of wellbeing
– Improve sleep and overall brain function
Due to COVID-19 regulations, we remind those participating in group and individual activities to stay safe and follow CDC recommendations in your area.
If you found an error, highlight it and press Shift + Enter or click here to inform us.